ADVISING ON PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Organisations process personal data of many data subjects, including employees, clients and contractors – thus this field is very wide and complex and can result in many unexpected situations. Therefore, we provide our Clients with comprehensive consulting services with relation to protection of personal data. Our priority is the quality of service and flexibility, so we can adapt our offer to a particular client.
Our services include among others.:
- answering to ongoing questions – such questions may arise as a result of day-to-day business, requests of persons concerning their rights as well as legal doubts of the business partners. Omni Modo has near 15 years of experience in consultancy and analysis of such cases;
- drafting legal analysis – some questions requires broader legal analysis. Our clients have over 20 experts at their disposal, specialised in data protection in all sectors, including public. While drafting our analysis we rely not only on national law but also on the decisions and guidelines of supervisory authorities from other states of the European Union;
- analysis of data processing entrustment contracts – we offer analysis of particular agreements covering verification of legal basis, its provisions as well as scope of data. In addition, we draft such agreements on our Client request. We also provide guidelines on drafting and execution of such agreements for larger organisations;
- issuing opinions on trans border data transfers, including transfers to third countries – we have experience in cooperation with international corporations, we draft and assess contractual clauses on personal data transfers within the European Economic Area as well as to third countries;
- assessment of incidents concerning personal data protection – not every incident concerning protection of personal data constitutes a breach in the meaning of the Regulation 679/2016/EU (GDPR). The classification of a given incident as a breach however, results in possible requirement of notification to the Polish supervisory authority, the President of the Personal Data Protection Office. We draft policies and procedures on incidents handling, methodology of their assessment as well as provide trainings to employees, in order to increase their competencies in this regard;
- notification of personal data breach to Polish supervisory authority – classification of an incident as a data breach may result in necessity of its notification to the supervisory authority. In addition, in case of high risk to the rights and freedoms of the data subjects, they have to be informed thereof. We support our clients in this process, draft messages as well as provide recommendations concerning corrective actions;
- preparation to and participation in an inspection of the supervisory authority – in such a case we can assist our clients on the basis of our long term experience.
Our services are tailored to each of our Clients, taking into account the required time and type of the actions to be taken.